RUNNING/UPCOMING ONLINE COURSES
Learn what real teachings of Lord Buddha are and implement them for the benefits of all you loved.
Within your course you will get as following
· 5 hands out of Basic learning Buddhism
· 1 Video on four noble truth in Nepali
· 1 Online test (if one cannot write then they should attain verbal test if agreed) for certificate.
BTMC is a non-profit organization based on Buddhist studies & practices. Please remember that we do not have sponsors for these expensive activities. Your support is very important to us and especially it will help us to make online teaching better, regular and world-wide online teaching forever and we want these services last longer for the benefits of our present and next generation as well.
Number of students:
Visual + class 6 students and others without visual unlimited.
Hundreds of students without visual can attend live teaching from any corner of world. But remember only registered students and family, schools or colleges can attend the classes.
BTMC has a tool and operating system to manage classes and all teaching activities are recorded in HD video format and also can provide to students for the improvement of their studies.
Pre-member, students' attendance tool is used for recording their presence or absence and will be kept safely.
Class Room Type
World class Virtuous class room is available for teaching.
This class room contains:
· live teachings
· white board for students to write
· live chat box to communicate with each other
· screen sharing to make you understand or know about teachings in easy way
Course High lights
· Receive teaching in Fluent Nepali, English, Tibetan or Hindi language.
· Learn about general Buddhism, philosophy and gain general knowledge of practices from experienced Master
· Course materials are available in video and Text with live teaching
· Can answer yourself and world what Buddha has given to you and universe.
· Receive teachings based on holly text of Sutra and Tantra.
Language of Instruction:
Any one language out of these four: Nepali, Tibetan, English or Hindi
This 'Basic Buddhism' course is especially designed for those who want to receive teachings in general Buddhism, essential of Triple Gems, general Buddhist philosophy and practices. Here during the course period students will learn about personality and life story of Buddha, his general teaching and principles such as 'Four Noble Truths', ' Twelve Links of Dependent Originations', '5 precepts' and especially 'Noble Eight Fold Path'.
Main objective of offering course:
To make people enlightened about samsara and ultimate nature of being and existence through offering Buddha's essential teachings of Noble Truths and loving kindness is the main objective.
In addition, this course is targeted to make individuals a real follower and practitioner of righteous path of peace, happiness, prosperity and train them to enjoy the life with global family within harmonious environments exceptional conflicts, terrorism, discriminations and misunderstandings.
Who is this course especially for?
1. Online based, this course is especially designed for those who want to learn Buddhism and its philosophy but cannot arrange time to attend the classes at Institutes.
2. Every guardian at home likes to see the family members as an ideal, honest, obedient and hardworking but due to busy schedule and other causes they are unable to fulfill their wishes. In such a case this course can be supportive to fulfill their wishes, since this course guides the students to become an ideal and hardworking personality in the life.
Senior citizens or disable members of family who mostly remain busy in their duties but want to bring positivity in family or society can take much more benefits from this course by attending the classes in the group of family at their own home or places they are living.
4. Mostly, this course is essential for schools, colleges or social and religious organizations. Many educational or non-educational organizations have challenges to maintain the behaviour and disciplines of their students or members. In such a case this course will definitely support them to solve their problems by providing a positive environment.
Why this course should be taken by individuals, family, schools and colleges?
· This course is more important to everyone for their personal or other's peace, happiness and enlightenment.
· This online basis course is easier to learn Buddhism and philosophy from your home or place where ever you are in the world continuing your personal duties.
· There are very few online teachings and meditation program in the world based on Buddhism, so it is a very good opportunity to receive teachings on academic or non-academic subjects.
· Courses will be/are designed according to needs of individuals, family, schools, or colleges.
About the Instructor
Name of the instructor is
Khenpo (Dr.) Sonam Gyurme
Ven. Khenpo Sonam Gyurme has completed his PhD. level studies and research on Buddhist studies and practices from Nyingma Institute, Sikkim, India.
He has also completed many meditation courses form his monastic schools.
He is teaching Buddhism including academic and non-academic subjects such as philosophy, history, applied Buddhism, astrology, vipasana, vajrayana practices, language and grammar and Ritual practices including astrology etc. since 2004.
He has been teaching at his Institute called Buddhist Teaching & Meditation Centre since 2008.
He has been lecturer at Lumbini College of Buddhism & Himalaya studies affiliated to Lumbini Buddhist University, Nepal.
His teachings have been telecasted for around one and half year in International Vaktidarshan Sate light Television and has taught to world-wide students on various topics of Buddhism.
Several books have been written and also translated into Nepali, English and Tibetan by himself from 2002 to 2010.
He has Bodhi Astrology & Solution Centre where he serves people especially for health.
The important thing to understand about him is that he is your leading Master with lots of energy and experiences for leading people to the enlightenments.
ACADEMIC/NON-ACADEMIC COURSE AVAILABLE
1. Basic Buddhism (6 classes, each of 90 minutes)
2. Essential Buddhist Philosophy(4 classes, each of 90 minutes)
3. Essential teaching on Triplet gems (4 classes, each of 90 minutes)
Buddhist Meditation & Practices
1. Essential Buddhist Practices (4 practical classes, each of 90 minutes)
2. Basic Samatha & Vipasana Meditation Theory Class (4 classes, each of 90 minutes)
3. Basic Samatha & Vipasana Meditation (6 practice classes, each of 90 minutes)
4. Essential Teaching on Vajrayana Practices (4 classes, each of 90 minutes)
5. Introduction to Preliminary Practices of Vajrayana Buddhism (16 classes, each of 90 minutes)
Language & Grammar
1. Basic Tibetan Language (16 classes, each of 90 minutes)
2. Intermediate Tibetan Language (18 classes, each of 90 minutes)
3. Basic Tibetan Grammar (16 classes, each of 90 minutes)
4. Intermediate Tibetan Grammar (18 classes, each of 90 minutes)
1. Essential Astrology(Lotho Demik) (8 classes, each of 90 minutes)
Intermediate Astrology (Nagchi Ngondro) (12 classes each of 90 minutes)
Rituals & Puja Trainings
1. Various Ritual Puja Training (4 -16 classes, each of 90 minutes)
Nepalese Buddhist History (3 classes, each of 90 minutes)
1. Pilgrimage Based History (3 major history classes, each of 90 minutes)
2. Tibetan Buddhist History (3 major history classes, each of 90 minutes)
3. Indian Buddhist History (3 major history classes, each of 90 minutes)
Various Teachings Based on Buddhist Sutras and Tantra (Texts Books)
1. rGyal-Sre Lag-Len- 37 verses of Bodhisatwa way of practices (8 classes, each of 90 minutes)
2. sPyo-hJug Jugs-Bodhisatwa way of practices (10 classes for each part, each of 90 minutes)
3. dKon-mChog rJe-Drin-Recollection of Triple Gems (8 classes, each of 90 minutes)
4. bLo-lDog rNam-Pa bShi- four preliminary practices of Vajrayana Buddhism (18 classes, each of 90 minutes)
5. nGon-rDro- five preliminary classes on Vajrayana Buddhism (4 classes, each of 90 minutes)
I want to heartily welcome you to Buddhist Teaching and Meditation Center. BTMC has been serving people with Buddhist studies, practices and rituals etc. since the last around 15 years. The main important factor of BTMC is to serve students, practitioners and devotees with Long and Short term training courses, teachings, meditation, ritual ceremony and important dharma talks.